The general meetings are held on the second Monday of the month (except for July and August) at 6:45 p.m. with a meet and greet, Program begins at 7:15 p.m.
Location is the Fellowship Hall (downstairs) at the First Presbyterian Church at 125 Garden Street in Mount Holly.
For latest news visit our Facebook Page
Helping Hands of the Woman's League of Mount Holly
1: Memorial hospital and Nursing Home are in need of additional masks.
Joanne Fabrics has 3 different styles and videos of how to make. Some
members have offered to buy and cut out the patterns , another had lots of
thread but we need someone who sews. 2 sewing machines were
offered. If you sew and would like to volunteer, please let me know. They
must be 2 ply cotton material. Home- 609-379-6033
or cell 609-491-4441
2. Since our Bingo was canceled, we are putting 5 crates of baskets in our shed. The problem is that most cannot be put into crates because they are too big, or have food or chocolate in them. Both Gerry and Carol have baskets, If you can keep 1, 2, 5, whatever till Sept, it would be appreciated. Remember this is for our biggest fundraiser of the year!
3. Give Blood if possible, Check with the American Red Cross for Collection Sites.
4. Write a hello or send blank cards to nursing homes...because the people are cut off from the world.
- PLEASE, mail your dues of $35 to our Membership Chairman, Gerry Horne, 61 Estates Drive, Southampton, NJ 08088, or be in touch with Gerry at 609 265 9091 or [email protected]. Check with your friends and remind them that DUES ARE DUE.
- Our Continuing Funds (monies we budgeted for State Federation Programs, etc) will be mailed by April 1st deadline.
- NJSFWC Club Honor Roll and Order of the Lily recipients names will be sent to NJSFWC by April 1st deadline.
- Due to our Designer Bag Bingo being rescheduled for September 25th, we will discuss Scholarship Funds at a later date.
- BTW our special Eagles quilt raffle will take place at our Bingo. (Wow, still time to purchase those quilt tickets)
- April 19 - 25 General Federation of Women's Clubs Volunteers in Action Week
- April 24th GFWC 130th Anniversary
- 1894 Society new membership begins for April 1, 2020 - March 31, 2021.
- Ballot was sent to NJSFWC Headquarters with our clubs Special State Project vote (Embrella) for term 2020 - 2022. Club vote - Umbrella 17, Human Trafficking 7, Operation Chill-Out 2.
- April is National Recycling Month
- Blessed Passover, April 8th
- Blessed Easter April 12th
- Earth Day April 22nd
- Hoping for Installation of Officers for 2020-2022 club year at our annual Banquet on June 8th at Carlucci's. More later
The Woman's League of Mount Holly was organized in 1903 when nine women sought to meet the many needs they saw in town. Their first project was providing nursing care to needy townspeople. By raising money from door-to-door collections and a horse show, they began the Woman's League Nursing Service. This club was instrumental in hiring a township school nurse and, initially, even sharing her salary with the Board of Education. During the 1974-76 administration, the League headed up the "Save the Mount" project and won a Conservation prize from Shell Oil Company. The Club was recognized for its outstanding work on the Special State Project, Canine Companions for Independence (CCI), by the New Jersey Federation of Women's Clubs.
Our work continues today with many special projects. The Club has approximately 50 members from Mount Holly, Eastampton, Hainesport, Lumberton, Mount Laurel, and Westampton. However, our membership is not restricted to just these locations.
So please consider joining us at our general meetings for more information
Message from our President
This Officer hopes you and your loved ones are safe and praying for one another, and coping with this pandemic. PLEASE, stay AWARE, HEALTHY, and AT HOME!
So many of our members are trying to help our neighbors and communities. Some are in the process of sewing masks for local healthcare facilities (for this I thank you!)
So many donated funds to purchase what is needed to make the masks (for this I thank you), One member has donated blood and encourages all to do the same, (for this I thank you), one member has been helping answer questions on the phone, that local healthcare employees have, (for this I thank you), one member is constantly ordering take-out to support a local market, (for this I thank you, and aren't you lucky not to cook), members are calling each other to check up and see if anything is needed, (for this I thank you), some members are shopping for other members, (for this I thank you), some members are purchasing food for their elderly neighbors, and for our local food bank, (for this I thank you), one member is
writing 3/4 dozen hello or blank cards to nursing homes in Mt. Laurel/Moorestown and hopefully the Masonic Home in the near future...because the people are cut off from the world (for this I thank you),some members have made soup and delivered to members, (for this I thank you) AND I AM SURE MANY MEMBERS ARE DOING MANY THINGS FOR EACH OTHER AND THEIR COMMUNITIES, AND FOR THIS I THANK YOU!!
Know you each are in my thoughts and prayers, and keep remembering we will get through this and be able to continue our good works.
Recently, our club post office box was checked and enclosed was correspondence from RV High School with several applications applying for our club's scholarship. We will need to address this shortly being our monies will not be available until our Designer Bag Bingo profits in September. Ticket money has not rendered services yet.
This may have to initiate that "parking lot" meeting, to discuss.
Also, in reference to having to reschedule our Designer Bag Bingo, if there is any need for a club member to issue a refund to tickets they sold, it has been agreed upon that ONLY Joyce Schultz, Chairman, and/or Deb Brewer, ticket co-chairman, are to receive all tickets back, make a list of those needing refunds, and give to our club Treasurer who will issue the refund. ALL TICKETS MUST BE HANDED IN AND KEPT RECORD OF BEFORE A REFUND CAN BE ISSUED. Thank you Joyce and Deb for keeping an accurate list. Thank you, members, for making this rescheduled event an easy task. Also, thank you to those members who are storing many baskets until September 25th. That event will be a fun way to start our new club year!
All of you take care and remember "May we never be hasty in judgement, and always generous". Keep in mind every charitable act is a stepping stone toward heaven. Blessings in friendship to each of you!
Member of the New Jersey State Federation of Women's Clubs (NJSFWC)
and the General Federation of Women's Clubs (GFWC).
The NJSFWC is the largest and oldest non-denominational volunteer organization in the state founded in 1894. It currently has 175 clubs and over 7,000 members, throughout the state , unified in the effort to make a difference in our communities, one project at a time.
With over 80,000 members worldwide the GFWC is one of the worlds largest and oldest nonpartisan, nonprofit, nondenominational, women's volunteer service organizations, founded in 1890 and chartered by the 56th Congress in 1901.
Our Designer Bag Bingo is postponed for March 27. It has been rescheduled for Friday, September 25, 2020 at the Shriner's. Same Times. Our special quilt raffle will also be conducted at that time.
Watch for updates postponed til September 25, 2020....Designer Bag Bingo Fundraiser
Each year in March we sponsor a Designer Bag Bingo. Proceeds from this fundraiser allow us to donate to the many charities and projects that our club supports. The next one will be held on March 27, 2020 at the Crescent Shriner's Hall, 700 Highland Drive, Westampton, NJ
Doors open at 5:30 pm
Bingo: 7:00 p,m
Donation: $30 - $35 at door if not sold out NJ LGCCC
Special Raffle being held at the
Designer Bag Bingo on September 25.
Do not need to be present to win
To pre-order tickets, send check with name/address/phone to:
P.O. Box 363, Lumberton, NJ 08048
When check is received, tickets will mailed.
Cost: $5 each or 3/$10
First ticket drawn has choice of
Eagles Quilt or Dooney & Bourke Purse,
please indicate your choice if not able to attend,